Friday, December 4, 2009

What's A Chef to do???

For so many people throughout the years cooking has been a great escape, an escape from life, responsibility and board um. Food has touched the lives of so many this is a fact. From the hungry immigrants that migrated over the Atlantic to Ellis Island to the children sitting at the adults table on thanksgiving. Food has been a magnet for bringing people together from the first greek senators to the pilgrims and native americans to the celebrated chefs eating after hours with Daniel Boulud.

Everyday I cook. I feed hundreds of people a day and thousand every year. However I am no longer satisfied. I believe this is true because I have lost a certain connection with the guest. I believe that when there is a connection with the person receiving a meal and the chef creating it for them there is something very special happening to the food. It is being checked once again for freshness, it is being carefully cut into perfect bite size pieces seasoned just right and cooked with extra love ( love usually means butter).

So what is a chef to do???

No comments:

Post a Comment