Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy Ending

So I know I dedicated this blog to food and stories that are about food. However it is new years day and today I want to talk about having a fresh start. I had this girlfriend that I held on to long after the relationship was over. Today for the first time in months I had a conversation with this girl. There were many things left unsaid along with many different feeling and emotions along with a couple new ones. There were so many things that I wanted to know. Does she miss me? Does she still have feelings for me? Does she wish things went differently? All these things that I didn't ask. However I did manage to ask one very important question... Are you happy? She is. But what if she wasn't? What if she was miserable? What if she was crying the the whole time? Would I step up to try and be the knight in shining Armor. Would I feel guilty if I decided not to be that great white knight?

So I asked myself If I'm happy, I'm not however I am content with the progress that I have made in my life. I don't need to go into all of the details of that however I know that I'm going somewhere and that is a feeling i didn't have while her and I were together. My career is going better because now I have all of my time to focus on it. I get up and I plan out what I'm going to do in the kitchen. Then I do some reading to get some fresh ideas and perspective on food and proper technique. I also read just to get a seance of the kind of Chef I want to become. Currently I'm reading Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential. A story that like mine doesn't exactly have a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment